We are running face-to-face classes in a safe environment.
The 3G rule, even though not mandatory in Germany anymore, will still apply for German Language Courses at Horizonte until further notice.
That means that in order to enter our premises, attend our courses or participate in our leisure programme, you will need to show proof of one of the 3Gs:
- Geimpft: proof of vaccination
- Genesen: proof of recovery from an infection with Covid 19 (not more than 3 months ago)
- Getestet: valid negative test result. Free testing possibilities
You must show the respective certificate together with your ID or a comparable document.
During high risk stages of the pandemic it might be necessary to get tested in addition to beeing vaccinated/having recovered.
This does not apply for those who have already received a booster vaccination according to current standards. You can get a free booster vaccination here.
German Language Courses
The following measures are in place to keep you safe:
- Staff & students have a valid vaccination / recovery status or a valid negative test result (3G)
- If you have symptoms (fever, muscle aches, cough, cold, or diarrhea) you must not come to school
- If you have only mild symptoms please only come to school with a negative test result (even if you are vaccinated)
- If you tested positive for Covid-19 you must isolate yourself immediately and should make an appointment for a PCR-test at a local doctor’s office
- Regular ventilation during class (regardless the weather/temperature)
These regulations are subject to changes and are vaild until further notice. Our general terms and conditions apply.
The 3G regulation applies for exams at Horizonte: you must show proof of vaccination, recovery or a valid negative test result. Find more useful information about German exams at Horizonte.
The 2G rule still applies for accommodation. You need to be fully vaccinated or show proof of recovery from Covid 19.
During the Covid-19 pandemic the advantages of our on-site residence are not only living right next door and being surrounded by like-minded people. It is also a safe place to stay in terms of the pandemic. Here’s why:
- All residents are vaccinated / have recovered from an infection with Covid-19
- You will have a private bathroom
- No need to use public transport, since we are located in the city centre and everything is within walking distance
Please note that due to hygienic measures double rooms are only being rented to two persons travelling together. Homestay can not be guaranteed at the moment. Find out more about our accommodation options.
Travelling to Germany during Covid-19
Regulations vary depending on whether the country you are travelling from is listed as a high risk area or an area of variant of concern by the Robert Koch Institute. In both cases you will need to complete the digital entry registration form. For further information please go to Auswärtiges Amt.
Due to the dynamic situation please check the complete and up-to-date regulations on these official pages:
- Auswärtiges Amt
- Coronavirus in Bayern
- Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege: FAQ
- Robert Koch Institute
Isolation & Quarantine
If you need to quarantine upon arrival please make sure to arrive in time to complete it before your course starts. You are welcome to spend the quarantine at the Horizonte residence (subject to availability, registrations are made on a first come first serve basis). You may not leave your room and are not allowed to receive visitors, go grocery shopping or go for a walk. You will be provided with groceries by Horizonte staff. Inside your room you will have a private bathroom, a kettle and a fridge.
If you need to isolate/quarantine duringe your course we will provide you with information & course material for you to be able to keep up with your class. We do not offer hybrid/online courses at the moment.
Those who don’t respect these rules will loose their right to accommodation and will have to leave immediately (without any paid fees).
Life in Regensburg
As of April 3rd there are barely any restrictions or measures regarding the pandemic. Wearing a face mask is only mandatory in public transport, hospitals and similar facilities. It is recommended inside buildings and when surrounded by many people.